Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
106 East Main Street
Weimar, Texas 78962
Phone: (979) 725-8554
Fax: (979) 725-8488
The Building Inspection Department’s mission is to ensure commercial buildings and residential homes constructed, altered, or maintained in the City of Weimar meet recognized standard for quality and safety as required in the City Code of Ordinances and:
- 2018 edition of the International Building Code
- 2018 edition of the International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- 2017 edition of the National Electric Code
- 2018 edition of the International Plumbing Code
- 2018 edition of the International Mechanical Code
- 2018 edition of the International Existing Building Code
- 2018 edition of the International Fire Code
In order to facilitate this responsibility we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspection services to support enforcement of the International Codes.
- Process permits and review plans for all remodeling and new construction.
- Conduct inspections for all permits issued upon client request.
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work.
- Share information on construction procedures and code requirements.
To schedule a building inspection, please contact the Code Enforcement Official.
For Zoning Issues, please see Planning and Zoning.