The City of Weimar is a growing, dynamic City. Please check our website each week as our job opportunities change. The listings are updated as new job opportunities become available.
Positions are subject to close at anytime. The City of Weimar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) employer. Applications may be downloaded below or picked up at City Hall. For more questions, contact City Hall.
Submit completed applications ONLINE; or mail to: City of Weimar, P.O. Box 67, Weimar, TX 78962 or email completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrol Officer (3 positions)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
BEGINNING SALARY: $50,500.00 (may be higher depending on qualifications)
CITIZENSHIP: Must Be A United States Citizen by birth or naturalization.
EDUCATION: High school or Equivalent, College Degree Preferred but not a must.
DRIVING: Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and maintain good driving record.
CERTIFICATION: Basic TCOLE Certification- Must be completed prior to employment, must pass criminal history background check, drug screen, physical and psychological examination.
BENEFITS: Paid holidays and overtime, TMRS retirement benefits 2 TO 1 at 7 percent. Certificate Pay (Intermediate, Advanced and Masters)
City provides uniforms, gear, vehicle, handgun and training.
- Proactively patrols and detects violation of state laws, regulations and city ordinance violations, makes violator contacts, and places violators in custody or issues citations or warnings.
- Patrols in high crime areas with appropriate action to reduce crime.
- Patrols the entire city including City, school and private office buildings, grounds, and parking facilities to check for security violations.
- Apprehends criminals, rescues victims, seizes illegal contraband, detects and prevents terrorist attacks, and disrupts criminal organizations.
- Conducts personnel, traffic, and criminal investigations. Prepares complaints and cases for presentation in court; preserves and presents physical evidence; testifies in court; and reports disposition of case.
- Serves traffic and criminal warrants and arrests, processes, and transports prisoners.
- Performs disaster rescue operations, responds to critical incidents and major investigations, cares for the injured, controls crowds, and directs traffic.
- Removes debris from roadway; assists stranded motorists; and arranges for transportation, repair, or towing services.
- Maintains liaison with appropriate personnel and entities to collect and share relevant information.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to legal, policy, or procedural information.
- Plans and participates in safety programs.
- May train others or provide guidance to less tenured staff and any other duties as may be assigned.