Waste and Recycle
All trash collection in Weimar is performed by Texas Disposal System (TDS) Service.
All questions about trash pickup should be directed to City Hall.
Trash Pick Up
- Monday — Northwest part of town – North of Railroad tracks and West of Center Street.
- Wednesday — Northeast part of town – North of Railroad tracks and East of Center Street; AND
- Wednesday — Southside of town – South of Railroad tracks.
The City has a Transfer Station located at 801 E. St. Charles Street.
Citizens can dispose of garbage for a fee depending on what is being disposed of. For any questions on what is accepted, contact the Transfer Station at (979) 725-8108.
- Municipal Solid Waste
- Household waste
- Refrigeration units w/ refrigerant removed (must provide certificate from a licensed refrigeration technician)
- Wood, brush and lumber (may be some size restrictions)
Waste accepted at a reduced rate
- Household recycling (glass & plastic, aluminum, tin cans, cardboard & paper) does not need to be separated
- Commercial recycling (up to 150 lbs per load)
Waste accepted for free
- Scrap metal (no engine blocks, fuel tanks or oversize items)
Waste not accepted
- Special Waste
- Hazardous wastes
- Liquid Wastes (ex. Paint, chemicals, fuels, grease etc.)
- Oversize Waste / recycling materials (ex. Telephone poles, junk cars)
- Refrigeration units with refrigerant still in the unit (A/C, refrigerators, freezers etc. )
- Microwave ovens
- Tipper fee (we will tip a trailer to ease unloading for a $25 dollar fee) Tipping does not guarantee the load will dump. It’s intended to make your unloading easier. Customer is still responsible for unloading. TDS employees do not unload vehicles or trailers.