City Secretary’s Office
The City Secretary’s office strives to provide quality service and information to the citizens, the City Council, and City Staff; maintain official city records for historical preservation; and service all in an impartial manner.
The City Secretary’s Office serves the citizens of Weimar by assisting, promoting and enhancing the governmental process of this municipality by:
- Providing support to the City Council and the City Administration in fulfilling their official duties;
- Providing public access to municipal records and other information;
- Serving as chief officer of municipal elections;
- Recording all legislative actions of the City Council;
- Archiving and preserving all government documents of the City.
The City Secretary’s responsibilities include:
- Attending each meeting of the city council and shall keep accurate minutes of City Council’s proceedings;
- Improving public participation in municipal government processes;
- Acts as the city’s chief election officer for the administration of all city elections in compliance with the requirements of state election laws;
- Handles the Municipal Court Proceedings and Records;
- Oversees the records management of city departments;
- Serves as human resource officer for the city;
- Handles all Open Records Requests for the city; and
- Serves as a resource for citizens and a link between citizens and the City organization.
The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the City Manager, and approved by City Council. This is a statutory position required by State Law.
Phone: (979) 725-8554